Bigstep group companies (collectively “Bigstep”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a big data services group comprising of Bigstep Cloud LTD, based in London, UK; Bigstep Cloud INC, based in Chicago, IL, USA and Bigstep Cloud SRL, based in Bucharest, Romania.
Bigstep respects your privacy (by “you” we mean any current or prospective Bigstep client or supplier whose personal information is in our possession) and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and the privacy of the personal information we collect.
Bigstep will process the personal data only to the extent and in such a manner as it is necessary to provide the services under the agreement or as otherwise instructed by the customer or the supplier from time to time.
Our personal information practices are described below, in any applicable privacy supplements, and in notices regarding data collection.
2. Scope and consent to our use of your information
- visitors to, or users of, Bigstep website and other Bigstep domains (containing or ending in bigstep.com; bigstep.io; bigstepcloud.com);
- current and prospective customers using Bigstep services;
- service providers and business partners;
- job applicants;
- other third-parties we interact with.
- agree that you are authorized to provide this information.
Please do not register, subscribe, create an account or otherwise interact in any way with our services or Bigstep website if you do not agree with the practices mentioned in this policy.
3. What information does Bigstep collect and for what purposes?
By “personal information,” we mean any information that can identify you. It includes information or an opinion from which you are reasonably identifiable.
We may also collect information that is related to you, but that does not identify you personally. This type of information is called “Non-Personal Information.” Non-personal Information also includes information that, in its original form, could personally identify you, but that we have modified (by means such as anonymizing, aggregating or de-identifying) in order to hide or remove any Personal Information.
4. How does Bigstep collect information about you?
The information you give us or our service providers.
You may provide Personal Information when you access Bigstep websites, when you request, purchase and use our services, when you communicate with Bigstep via phone calls, ticketing platform, email, web forms, social media and other such methods of communication, when you subscribe to Bigstep marketing collaterals, attend our events or provide us services.
We may also automatically collect information about you via cookies or other similar technologies.
You can find out more about this in our Cookies and similar technologies policy, also available on our website.
Information from other sources
We may receive information about you from third parties we work closely with (such as business partners, service providers, sub-contractors, resellers, etc.).
Any Personal Information that you choose to submit via your Bigstep account, blogs or forums may be read and collected.
Bigstep may engage the services of third-party partners which, in the process of supplying services to Bigstep, may collect Personal Information about you, which may include your name, email address and online activity.
5. Types of collected Personal Information
such as your name, job title, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses, postal addresses. When you express interest in obtaining additional information about our services, we require that you provide the aforementioned contact information;
information about the services you use, how you interact with us and the services;
any other information that you choose to give us. This information helps us tailor our services to you;
Information collected via automated means:
information that we collect through information-gathering tools, such as cookies. This kind of information includes information from your web browser – browser type, language, IP address and your activity on Bigstep websites (the web pages viewed, the links accessed, number of visits, domain name, language information, etc.);
6. Sensitive information
Any information regarding your medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other such private information is considered sensitive information and we will not intentionally collect or maintain, or provide such information to third parties.
7. Information usage
We use the collected information for the following purposes:
for contacting you:
- we use your contact information to get in touch with you, for reasons such as communicating with you about your orders or the services you use, conducting surveys, sending announcements about our services, notifying you about upcoming events, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us;
for marketing purposes:
- we use your contact information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, to send you marketing and advertising messages such as newsletters, announcements or special offers or to notify you of upcoming events. You may always opt-out from receiving such communications, and this decision will not affect your ability to continue receiving services from us;
to provide the requested services to you:
- we need the required Contact Information, Transactional Information and Billing Information for processing orders (including payments), for providing you the services, for creating and maintaining your account and for controlling the access to it;
to protect ourselves:
- we use the collected information to prevent and to detect fraud or abuses of the Bigstep website and services, and to be able to identify and protect our business from fraudulent transactions;
to help us manage our business needs:
- such as the administering and management of our business and the training of our employees. Also, it helps us promote compliance with our terms of service and any other agreements between us, to carry out research and development and to comply with the applicable law;
for other purposes:
- if you purchase our services via Bigstep website, we will use the information that you provide during the online signup process to establish your account. The information you submit through email and web form is archived and may be tied to information that we collect about your web visits. Your telephone call or a web conference may be recorded for training purposes, and we may enter the information you provide via telephone, or other means of communication, into our systems and use it for the purposes described in this section.
8. Sharing of Personal Information
Please note that the parties to whom we send your Personal Information may be located in another country.
Some of the countries in which these parties are located may not have the same or substantially similar privacy laws as those applicable to your own jurisdiction. We assure you that your Personal Information will only be transferred to the Bigstep Group Companies and other third parties as permitted by applicable law in a country where Bigstep operates.
We may disclose your Personal Information as described in this section below:
Disclosure to Bigstep Group Companies
Disclosure to third-party business partners and providers:
To the extent necessary for the provisions of services, we may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers, if necessary. Also, please note that our third party service providers and channel partners may be located in a different country than yours, so your Personal Information might be transferred across borders. We assure you that we require our third party service providers and business partners to keep all the information we share with them confidential and to use the aforementioned information only to perform their obligations resulting from the agreements we have in place with them. They are required to maintain a proper level of privacy and security, consistent with Bigstep’s policy regarding such information. Please note that any information you independently share with these third parties is subject to their respective privacy practices and policies.
Disclosure to Authorities:
If we are under a legal obligation to share your Personal Information, we may disclose the information to the relevant authority. To comply with the law, to protect our rights, property, the safety of our business, to enforce our rights and to assist with the control of fraud, spam or other undesirable conduct, and to support auditing, we may release the Personal Information. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, transfer or any such act, we may provide the Personal Information to a third party.
Disclosure when you have given your consent:
For any purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information, as otherwise required or permitted by law, we may share it if we have your consent.
Disclosure of anonymous/aggregated data:
We may share information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
9. Management of your personal information
Opt-outs and communication preferences:
You may always click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant email marketing communication received from us if you wish to stop receiving such emails. We reserve the right to retain your Personal Information for a reasonable amount of time, in accordance with industry standards and applicable laws.
Access to your personal information:
You may submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to know what Personal Information we hold about you. Also, through the request, you may also correct, delete inaccuracies and/or update the information we hold about you. You may also revoke your consent previously granted. Should you wish to delete the information from our records, please contact us, and we will respond within a reasonable time. If necessary, given each particular case, we may be required to retain certain information for legitimate business purposes and by law.
When using Bigstep services, you can choose not to provide certain information, but this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the available functions, and it may prevent us from successfully providing you with our services.
10. Information Security
Measures we take: When it comes to loss prevention, alteration, misuse, unauthorized access or unlawful processing of the collected information, we are committed to industry best practices. Therefore, we:
Use encryption technology as appropriate;
Limit the access to the systems on which the personal information is stored;
Monitor for possible attacks and vulnerabilities.
However, we cannot guarantee that the measures taken will prevent every security threat. In the event of a security breach which results in an unauthorized disclosure of information, we will notify you as soon as possible.
11. Data integrity
We take reasonable steps to help ensure that the data we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date, for it to be reliable for its intended use. The collected information will be retained for as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
12. Information about Children
We will never intentionally collect or maintain information about individuals defined as minors in local law or regulation. However, if you believe that we are in possession of such information, please contact us, and we will make necessary inquiries and investigations and, if necessary, delete that information.
14. Personal Information of our customers’ clients
If you have provided your Personal Information to somebody who hosts this information on our servers, this section applies to you.
In these situations, it is our customers that decide the reasons for which the data is collected and processed. We will not review, share, distribute or reference such Information except as provided in the agreement between our customers and us or as may be required by law. Our customers are fully responsible for the Personal Information that they collect and process and for the compliance with the applicable laws regarding data protection. Bigstep provides service under the direction of its customers and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data our customers store and process.
15. Complaints and inquiries