March 12, 2016
Bigstep, MapR and Couchbase to Present at Big Data Boot Camp
LONDON (February 23, 2016) – Today big data-as-a-service provider Bigstep announced that it will host Big Data Bootcamp on Saturday, March 12, 2016 in central London. With personalized workshops and sessions presented by leading industry experts from Bigstep, MapR and Couchbase, attendees will learn about the latest developments in big data and the cloud.
“Big data technology is moving at such a rapid pace that businesses and professionals are struggling to keep up,” said Flaviu Radulescu, Bigstep’s President and CTO. “We are staging this boot camp in partnership with MapR and Couchbase, to provide an opportunity for people to learn about groundbreaking developments in the industry, and have a chance to engage on a deeper and more personalized level.”
The registration to Big Data Boot Camp is free and the sessions include:
- Bigstep: Building a Data Lake for Big Data Analytics in the Cloud. Bigstep’s half-day workshop will focus on the steps required to build a data lake in the cloud. It will cover key aspects such as performance, security, data lineage and data maintenance, and it will touch on technologies ranging from basic HDFS storage to Spark streaming. Devised as an interactive workshop, it will provide close-up demonstrations designed to meet the needs of consultants, solution architects, big data specialists, CTOs and CIOs.
- MapR: A session designed to offer attendees a firm grip on The Essentials of the MapR Converged Data Platform, covering topics such as:
Architects, developers, data scientists, and anyone interested in MapR Hadoop, Spark or Drill will benefit from this workshop.
- Data Ingestion and Storage
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis – Spark Streaming
- Data Exploration through Apache Drill
Couchbase: A practical training on How a Memory-First Couchbase NoSQL Database Integrates Access to Real-Time Big Data and Analytical Insights. The topics covered by this session will include:
- Couchbase Operations – How Couchbase operates and scales
- Couchbase & Big Data – How Couchbase integrates with Storm & Kafka
- Couchbase & Real-Time Analytics – Demo of a Couchbase-powered travel application with analytics
Attendees will dive into the Couchbase paradigm, and emerge with usable knowledge of the latest NoSQL technological breakthroughs.
For registration and additional information on Bigstep’s Big Data Boot Camp, visit: http://bigstep.com/big-data-boot-camp.
Bigstep enables businesses of all sizes to quickly and easily make sense of big data. Bigstep’s Full Metal Cloud is a big data platform-as-a-service that empowers organizations to easily set up and manage big data architectures within a high-performance, highly secure, and easily scalable bare metal environment. Bigstep has offices in the UK & Bucharest, infrastructure in the UK & Germany, and is in the process of opening its US office and data center. For additional information, visit: http://www.bigstep.com.