Elastic Stretched to the Maximum on the Bigstep Metal Cloud
It only takes a few clicks in the Control Center or a call via our API to setup an Elasticsearch cluster:
- The platform optimizes the software configuration for the instance types selected.
- The OS is configured to provide improved performance.
- Elasticsearch automatically scales with the size of the underlying Instance Arrays.
- The PARAMEDIC and HQ plugins are installed for easier monitoring and debugging.
- Zen discovery with unicast is enabled.
- Memory for the JVM is set at 50% of the available RAM for the instance type selected.
The Bigstep Metal Cloud organizes nodes into two instance arrays:
- The Master Instance Array contains master-only nodes, which do lightweight operational work. They need to be isolated from indexing or other intensive workloads, to ensure cluster stability.
- The Data Instance Array contains data-only nodes, which do the heavy lifting. Size them according to the dataset and aim to keep the data in memory as much as possible. This architecture enables you to scale different roles separately.